2018 Blue Danube Ball
The Permanent Missions of Austria and the Czech Republic look forward to welcome all Permanent Representatives to the United Nations, Election Officers and other invited guests to the third edition of the Blue Danube Ball!
The third Blue Danube Ball on Friday, 6 April 2018 - an evening of ballroom, traditional and disco dancing!
- Doors open at 7:00pm.
- Receiving line and photo opportunity in the 3rd floor Lounge.
- The evening programme will start with a dancing class in the 4th floor Ballroom at 7:30pm– beginners welcome! Everyone can learn how to waltz!
- Short Welcoming remarks by the Permanent Representatives of Austria and the Czech Republic will precede the opening Ballet Performance.
- Then it’s time to dance! Accompanied by live music from our orchestra, put your (new) dancing skills to the test. You will hear classics such as the Blue Danube Waltz and other well-known Austrian tunes but also assorted modern sounds.
- Czech Dance Interlude
- Quadrille and Galopp: Find your partner and don’t lose them in this traditional group dance that keeps getting faster and faster. For example videos click here: Quadrille and Galopp.
- Goulash Break
- DJ and Disco: Dancing until doors close at 12:00am.
This is an invitation-only event. Personalized invitations with RSVP and ticket instructions have been sent out via the eventbrite system. Tickets are free but limited, available on a first come first serve basis. Admission will only be possible with a valid ticket!
White or Black Tie/ Traditional dress/ Uniform; black suits with tie for men are also welcome! In Vienna, the ladies wear floor-length dresses. Men usually wear a tuxedo (dinner jacket) or tail suit, or simply a black suit with a bow tie. There will be an attended coat-check in the lobby.
Traditional Austrian and Czech Food, as well as Austrian wine, Czech beer and plenty of other drinks will be served. Throughout the evening, enjoy delicious appetizers such as Mini-Schnitzel, cheese and cold-cut platter and veggie dips. The culinary highlight of the night will be Goulash, a beef stew that hungry dancers traditionally eat at Viennese balls. To round off the night, there will be a range of tasty desserts including Sacher cake and Apple strudel bites.
Live Music and DJ:
Maximilian (Max the Sax) is a top notch saxophone and woodwind player and has been a professional musician on the New York music scene for more than 20 years. He performed on stages around the world with international Jazz, Pop, and R&B artists. Together with his orchestra, Max the Sax will engage dancers with live music in the Ballroom.
The Bohemian National Hall (BNH) was originally a Center for Czech and Slovak immigrants and is now well known for being a diplomatic, cultural and social hub since its grand re-opening after a complete and vast restoration.
The Event will take place on two floors:
3. Floor Lounge: Perfect place to cool-down from dancing and to have a chat. Grab a drink at one of our two bars, strengthen yourself for more dancing at the Goulash buffet or take a "selfie" in front of our Blue Danube Banner! There will also be plenty of seating opportunities to sit down and give your dancing shoes a well-deserved break!
4. Floor Ballroom: From Waltz class, live- music, performances and organized chaos during the Quadrille-dance to ending the night with disco- dancing- the Ballroom is where the action happens!
There will be an attended coat-check in the lobby.
There is discounted Parking for BNH Guests at the Parking Garage GGMC Parking next door. They offer up to 10 hours of parking for $26.
Two parking entrances:
307 East 73rd St. (btw 1st & 2nd Ave.)
300 East 74th St. (btw 1st & 2nd Ave.)
Present your parking ticket at BNH reception for validation sticker.To receive discount, validated ticket must be presented to parking garage cashier at time of check out.
We look forward to dancing with you!
The Permanent Missions of Austria and the Czech Republic
You can find photos and more information about the Blue Danube Ball on social media:
Facebook: Like our Blue Danube Ball Fanpage
Twitter: Follow @BlueDanubeBall