Documents, civil status, family

As a general rule, the Austrian representation authorities are the competent authorities for issuing personal documents abroad (passport, ID card, certificate of citizenship, criminal records, certifications, etc.)

Within the scope of their possibilities the Austrian representations also provide advice and assistance to Austrian citizens in local family law matters and in contacts with local authorities.