Working in Austria
Persons who want to work in Austria need a valid residence title including working permit.
Working Holiday Programme
Austria has concluded an agreement with Hong Kong regarding a "Working Holiday Programme" to allow young people in the context of a cultural or tourist trip to enter into a limited working relationship and also use education facilities in the respective country.
Applies only for passport holders issued by Hong Kong SAR.
- between 18 - 30
Duration of stay:
- up to 12 months (not allowed to work for more than six months; cumulative duration of study courses not more than six months)
- The national visa application can be submitted at the Austrian Consulate General in Hong Kong
- € 100 (for a stay of more than 90 days; Visa D – WHP)
- completed visa application form
- 2 biometric passport picturer (according to ICAO regulations) valid passport of Hongkong (valid for at least three months after the last day of validity of the applied visa)
- sufficient medical and travel insurance for the entire period of the stay (minimum cover € 30,000)
- sufficient and reasonable financial resources to cover expenses incurred at the beginning of the stay
- proof of reservation for a roundtrip ticket