All applicants including children and infants must be present at the Embassy when applying for new passports (and renewals).
Processing time: 7 to 10 days if all required documents are provided.
The passport department operates on a Walk-In System therefore you might have to expect some waiting time especially during half term breaks.
The opening hours for passport applications are Monday to Friday from 9:00 till 12noon. Last applications for passports/ID cards will be accepted by 11am.
For any further questions you may contact us by email: london-ob(at)bmeia.gv.at.
The Embassy remains closed on Austrian Holidays/Bank Holidays.
Applying for a new passport:
The following original documents are required:
- your current passport (or if lost/stolen a Lost-/Theft Police Report)
- Birth certificate (British certificates long version with Apostille, documents from other countries see here)
- Proof of Austrian citizenship (Staatsbürgerschaftsnachweis)
- Marriage certificate and/or divorce decree if applicable (British certificates with Apostille, documents from other countries see here)
- 1 new passport photograph, not older than 6 months, according to the following EU-criterias for Passport-photographs
- Fee in cash only GBP 64,00 (month January 2017)
- Fee in cash only GBP 25,30 (month January 2017) (children younger than 12 years)
Additional documents for children till 18 years:
- Passports of both parents (first application)
- Birth certificates of parents (British certificates with Apostille)
- Proof of Austrian citizenship (Staatsbürgerschaftsnachweis) of child (or of parents for first application)
- Marriage certificate of parents if married (British certificates with Apostille)
- Proof of custody (residence order) of parents if divorced