Visa applications require appointments scheduled in advance: online appointment
Schengen Visa; General Information
Cooperation with VFS Global
The external service provider VSF Global is operating a Visa Application Centre in support of the Austrian Embassy in Kuwait.
Phone of the Callcenter 2228 1047
You can also contact by e-mail at info.auku(at)vfshelpline.com
Joint Visa Application Center
ATTENTION: VFS Global is moving on November 20 2016 to
Level 30, Alrayya Centre,Near Courtyard by Marriott,
Al Shuhada Street, Al Asimah Governate,
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Submission Timings: 09:00 to 16:00 0hrs (Sunday - Thursday)
Passport retrieval time: 16:00 to 17:00hrs (Sunday - Thursday)
Nationals of Kuwait and Bahrain require a valid visa or a residence permit to travel to Austria.
Austria is a member of the Schengen Agreement. A Schengen visa permits travelling to all Schengen member states (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland) – unless otherwise stated on the visa.
- The embassy responsible for issuing a Schengen Visa is the embassy of the country in which the majority of the journey is to be spent in (so regardless of the port of entry, the main travel destination has to be Austria).
- The visa application can only be processed upon receipt of ALL documents required by the embassy (see documents below).
- Applications can be taken maximum 3 month before your planned travel
- Applications for visas have to be received by the embassy at least Two (2) Weeks prior to the beginning of the journey as approval takes up to 10 working days.
- The office hours of the visa section of the embassy are from Sunday to Thursday, from 09:00 to 13:00.
- You need to book an appointment in advance. Please click online appointment
Due to the implementation of the biometric data (VIS system) since the 1st of October 2012, all visa applicants have to appear personally at the Austrian Embassy in order to submit fingerprints. Site Map to the Austrian Embassy
Requirements for Schengen Visas
Please note that all documents mentioned in the list are absolutely necessary for a Schengen visa. Please bring ALL the documents to the Consulate as incomplete applications cannot be processed in time and might affect your travel plans.
Documents and Information
Electronic Guarantee letter (EVE)
Since June 1, 2009 it has become mandatory for the host to produce an EVE (=Electronic Guarantee Letter) with the respective Austrian immigration authorities (Fremdenpolizei)!
A company, an organization or an individual residing in Austria can sponsor/invite a Non-Austrian, who does not meet the financial requirements for a visitor's visa, to come to Austria by guaranteeing financially for the invitee.
This new procedure is replacing the former "Paper-Guartee letter" which was attested by an Austrian notary public. Once the EVE has been done in Austria by the host he/she will be given a Code (e.g. AUH090000001). This code shall be forwarded to the visa applicant who will produce it to the consulate once applying for the visa. The consulate will be able to obtain all details given in Austria by the host to the immigration authorities.
For more information please consult the Ministry of Interior (in German)