Since 2016, applications for Schengen visas (up to 90 days) are mostly operated by VFS Global Service in Lagos and Abuja. Detailed information on application modalities is available on the VFS website.
Applications for stays longer than 90 days and applications by holders of diplomatic/service passport are to be filed at the Austrian Embassy in Abuja.
Appointments for these categories are possible on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 09:00 and 12:00 hrs and should be requested by e-mail to abuja-ka(at)bmeia.gv.at.
Applications from other countries
Beside Nigeria, the Austrian Embassy in Abuja is in charge of relations with nine further countries, where you can file your Schengen visa application with the following embassies:
- Benin, Chad, Central African Republic, Gabon and Togo: Embassy of France;
- Cameroun: Embassy of Belgium;
- Equatorial Guinea: Embassy of Spain;
- Ghana: Embassy of the Netherlands;
- São Tomé and Príncipe: Embassy of Portugal.