Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammed Jawad Sharif in conversation with Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz in Vienna
EU High Representative Catherine Ashton met with Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz on occasion of the Iran talks in Vienna
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon met with Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz at the Munich Security Conference
Thorbjörn Jagland, Secretary General of the Council of Europe, met with Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz in Strasbourg
Secretary General Michael Linhart met with Alex Petriashvili, State Minister of Georgia on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration
Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz met with German Foreign Minister Walter Steinmeier at the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin
On 1 January 2014 Austria assumed chairmanship of the Central European Initiative (CEI).
Austrian Membership in the UN Human Rights Council
On 14 November, Austria assumed the chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe in Strasburg, which rotates every six months between the Member States.
International Cultural Policy
Culture shapes the image of Austria in the world.
Austrian Development Cooperation
supports partner countries in their fight against poverty.
- MEDIA ALERT: E3/EU+3 - Iran Talks, March 2014, Vienna
- APA: Kurz assures Serbia of Austria's support in EU rapprochement
- Kurz: "We must advocate the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersexed people worldwide"
- APA: Ukraine – Kurz: Austria is in favour of "targeted sanctions"
- Kurz: “Paradigm Shift in Nuclear Disarmament is overdue”