Open house at the Foreign Ministry on 26 October 2011
Vienna, 19 October 2011 – The Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs will be holding an open house on Wednesday, 26 October 2011, on the occasion of Austria’s National Holiday.
The Foreign Ministry will open its doors at Minoritenplatz 8 to visitors between 10 am and 2 pm. Key themes of this year’s open house include, among others, Austria’s membership of the UN Human Rights Council, a virtual exploration of Austrian development cooperation and the consular assistance provided by the Foreign Ministry. Vice Chancellor and Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger and Foreign Ministry staff will be on hand to answer any queries and concerns in relation to Austria’s foreign policy.
Other items on the programme:
- Experts give advice for the ideal preparation of trips abroad and provide information on concrete assistance provided by the Foreign Ministry to Austrians in trouble abroad
- Foreign Ministry staff provide information on jobs and career opportunities in the Foreign Service
- “The EU and YOU” travelling exhibition
- Presentation of the Foreign Ministry’s new smart phone application
- Face painting for children with flag motifs and children’s quiz
- Raffle: Two tickets for a flight to Geneva, the seat of the UN Human Rights Council, among other prizes.
The Foreign Ministry cordially invites media representatives to attend the open house event. Following the extraordinary Council of Ministers meeting, Vice Chancellor and Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger will be available for a film and photo session.
12 noon: Photo session on the new Smartphone Application with Vice Chancellor and Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger.
Journalists are requested to meet at the Foreign Ministry’s entrance at Minoritenplatz 8 at 11.45. We would also like to thank you in advance for including our event in your medium’s events listings.
Media representatives are requested to register in advance with the Foreign Ministry’s Press Department by e-mail to: pk-anmeldungen(at)bmeia.gv.at, or by fax to +43 (0) 50 1159 204.
Federal Ministry for
European and international Affairs
Tel.: ++43 (0) 50 1150-3262, 4549, 4550
Fax: ++43 (0) 50 1159-213