Consular Information & Fees
On the following pages, you will find comprehensive information for Austrians living abraod, Austrians staying abroad only temporarily, as well as for foreign nationals who for any reasons intend to go to Austria.
In detail, we will inform you about visa and residence permits, how to get a new Austrian passport, and matters related to citizenship issues. Further information is provided i.a. on Austrian elections, military draft in Austria, and authentication. You will also find here tips and advice for your trip to Austria as well as answers to questions pertaining to pension and social issues.
Even though many of our services are provided free of charge, in a number of instances a fee has to be charged. Please find below the list of fees charged for services requested the most. Payment must be made in cash or per money-order.
Please note that based on a decision by the European Union the consular fees for Schengen visas have been increased (60 Euro instead of 35 Euro).
Consular fees for the month of December 2014 (fees quoted in CAD):
- Schengen Visa (A,C): 84.00
- Schengen Visa for nationals of the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia (FYROM), Montenegro, Serbia and Moldova: 49.00
- National Visa (D): 140.00
- New regular passport : 106.40
- New child passport (over 12 years): 106.40
- New child passport (under 12 years): 42.00
- Change in valid passport: 40.60
- Certificate of Citizenship: 67.20
- Authentication of signature: 56.00
- Authentication of a copy: 56.00
- For each hour of an official action outside the Embassy
on behalf of the client: 100.80
- Search for criminal record/police certificate: 58.80
- Forwarding of document: 25.20
- Forwarding of attachments/enclosures: 8.40