General Information & Fees
On the following pages, you will find comprehensive information for Austrians living abroad, Austrians staying abroad only temporarily, as well as for foreign nationals who for any reasons intend to go to Austria.
In detail, we will inform you about visa and residence permits, how to get a new Austrian passport, and matters related to citizenship issues. Further information is provided i.a. on Austrian elections, military draft in Austria, and authentication. You will also find here tips and advice for your trip to Austria as well as answers to questions pertaining to pension and social issues.
Even though many of our services are provided free of charge, in a number of instances a fee has to be charged. Please find below the list of fees charged for services requested the most. Payment must be made in cash (please bring exact change), money-order or cashier's check (payable to the "Consulate General of Austria").
Consular Fees for August 2014 (fees quoted in USD):
EXACT CHANGE ONLY!
- Schengen Visa C: 81.00
- Schengen Visa C for children (6 to12 years): 47.00
- Schengen Visa C for children (0 to 6 years): free of charge
- Schengen Visa C for citizen of the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Moldova and Georgia: 47.00
- Austrian National Visa D (study abroad, employment, intern, etc.): 134.00
- Residence Permit: 108.00
- Fingerprints for Residence Permit: 27.00
- Residence Permit for Minors (under 18 years): 67.00
- New Passport: 102.00
- Passport for children (under 12 years): 41.00
- New Personal ID: 84.00
- Personal ID for minors (under 16 years): 37.00
- Certificate of Citizenship: 65.00
- Authentication of a signature: 54.00
- Authentication of a copy: 54.00
- Certificate of Good Conduct (Criminal record): 57.00
- Forwarding of document: 25.00
- Forwarding of attachments: 9.00
- Ordering of documents from Austria: 33.00
- Official Act outside regular Opening Hours: additional fee of 50% according to the applicable consular fee structure